How to Get to Koh Phangan
The best way to get to Koh Phangan is by taking a ferry from the mainland. The most popular way to do this is by taking a bus from Bangkok to the port town of Surat Thani, and then taking a ferry from there to Koh Phangan. The journey takes around 12 hours in total.
If you’re looking for a more luxurious way to travel, you can take a direct flight from Bangkok to the island’s main airport, Samui Airport. From there, you can take a taxi or shuttle bus to your final destination on Koh Phangan.
Check the Koh phangan ferry/ferries time table here
What to Do in Koh Phangan
If you’re looking for something to do in Koh Phangan, Thailand, there are plenty of options! Here are just a few ideas:
-Take a yoga or meditation class: With its beautiful beaches and laid-back atmosphere, Koh Phangan is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. There are plenty of yoga and meditation classes available, so you can find one that’s right for you.
-Explore the island: There’s much more to Koh Phangan than just its beaches. Take some time to explore the jungle interior or go for a hike up one of the many hills. You’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the island and its surrounds.
-Visit the waterfalls: Koh Phangan is home to some spectacular waterfalls. Make sure to visit at least one during your stay!
-Party at Full Moon Party: One of the most famous things to do in Koh Phangan is party at the Full Moon Party. This all-night beach party happens once a month and attracts people from all over the world. If you’re looking for a wild night out, this is definitely the place to be!
Where to Stay in Koh Phangan
There are many different types of accommodation on Koh Phangan to suit all budgets, from simple bungalows and hostels to luxury villas and resorts.
For those on a tight budget, there are plenty of cheap guesthouses and hostels dotted around the island. Many of these places have dormitory-style rooms which can be a great way to meet other travelers.
If you’re looking for something a bit more upmarket, there are several mid-range hotels and resorts located in the main tourist areas such as Haad Rin and Thong Sala. These places usually have swimming pools, restaurants, and other facilities that make them ideal for a relaxing holiday.
For those who want to really spoil themselves, there are also a number of luxury villas and resorts available. These places often come with their own private pools, butler service, and five-star amenities. Prices can be high though, so it’s worth shopping around to find the best deals.
What to Eat in Koh Phangan
Koh Phangan is a beautiful island in Thailand that offers stunning beaches, lush jungle, and incredible views. It’s also home to some of the best food in Thailand.
If you’re looking for a delicious meal, you can’t go wrong with Pad Thai. This dish is made with rice noodles, vegetables, and protein (usually chicken or shrimp). It’s often served with a side of fresh fruit or vegetables.
Another popular dish on Koh Phangan is green curry. This curry is made with coconut milk, green chili peppers, and fish sauce. It’s usually served with rice and vegetables.
If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, try mango sticky rice. This dish is made with sticky rice, coconut milk, and fresh mangoes. It’s often served as a dessert or snack.
No matter what you’re in the mood for, Koh Phangan has something to offer. With so many delicious options, you’ll never go hungry on this island paradise.
Tips for travelling in Koh Phangan
1. Do your research – Before you travel to Koh Phangan, it is important to do your research and plan ahead. There are many things to consider when travelling, such as where you will stay, how you will get around, what activities you would like to do and what attractions you would like to see.
2. Pack light – You don’t need to bring a lot with you when travelling to Koh Phangan. A small backpack or daypack is all you need, as there are plenty of places to buy basic items on the island.
3. Be prepared for the weather – The weather in Koh Phangan can be hot and humid, so make sure to pack appropriate clothing and sunscreen. It is also a good idea to bring insect repellent as there are mosquitoes on the island.
4. Get around by boat – The best way to get around Koh Phangan is by boat. There are regular ferries between the mainland and the island, as well as between different areas on the island itself. Water taxis are also available if you want to explore more remote areas.
5. Stay in a bungalow – When travelling to Koh Phangan, it is recommended that you stay in a bungalow rather than a hotel room. Bungalows are typically much cheaper and offer more of a local experience.
Traveling in Koh Phangan, Thailand is a unique experience that everyone should try at least once. Whether you are interested in exploring the island’s pristine beaches or indulging in its vibrant nightlife, there is something for everyone to enjoy on the island. Be sure to take advantage of all that Koh Phangan has to offer and make your trip here unforgettable!